Thursday, December 07, 2023

Sharing Sticker makers / Sticker manufacturers in Malaysia

Recently I came across a creator (artist, designer of stationery and accessories) who has grown quite a following on social media and is doing well in sales I presume. One of her main product is stickers that she designs and have them made by sticker makers / manufacturers / print companies. I wanted to know which supplier she engages as I, too, would like to find a good one, and there are so many out there I didn't know where to start. So as I was reading through her replies to comments and other captions, I found that she doesn't like to share her supplier list or info, citing that 'it isn't fair for others to have it easy' and that it's best that creators go through the trial and error, and all the process she went through I guess.

Is this true that creators don't like to reveal their suppliers/manufacturers? Really?

Well, I'm sharing. Gah.

I designed some sticker sheets and I was looking for good sticker makers in Malaysia. I wanted those that can make the kiss cut stickers where you can peel off from the sheet like this 


So I started looking on shopee for sticker makers. The good thing about shopee sellers is that they accept small quantity orders, even one single sheet. I figured maybe this is the best way to try a few. Turned out, there aren't many sellers on shopee that can do kiss-cut sticker sheets. I tried only 2 sellers and here are my reviews: 

thechaeg - A6, matte, 10 sheets, RM18.00 with free shipping.

The prints were very nice but in darker shade, well, a lot better than my Canon Pixma E410 series. I test-printed with mine in so many settings but none of them were near the original colour shades. However, I realised it was a lot darker after I saw the second shopee seller I ordered from. Also, the individual stickers can't be peeled off easily by fingers like you normally would. The only way I could peel them was to use the sticker tweezer, but I reckon not everyone would have one right? Thankfully I only ordered 5 sheets for each design. I contacted the seller and gave the feedback in which she acknowledged the issue and said she will adjust the setting next time. Honestly, I felt that as a good seller or service provider, you should rectify the issue and produce good quality goods, no? And then I took the risk and ordered from her again, this time, another 2 new designs, 10 sheets each, because she said she has fixed her cutting issue. About the printing shade, she also said that she tried to adjust the print brightness but it turned out reddish. Fine then, I thought all printers will be the same. Theeen, I tried a higher priced seller, but first, some pictures of the stickers made by thechaeg.


Original design. Look the orange cat here and compare it with the print above. Mmmm...



happy2print - A6, matte, 8 sheets, RM22.90 in total.

Faster chat response. Nicer print! Buuuuut, out of 8 sheet, 4 had the kiss cut lines a bit off. Sadly I can't sell those. I gave feedback to seller but all I got was a "I will check with production team". Never got back to me. Strike! But at least, I know the pro printers out there can print better like this.

Original design. Very close!


So the conclusion was that I cannot rely on neither of them for mass production.

After this, I mulled for a couple of days before I realised the solution has always been in Google. I mean, I know it, but somewhere in my mind told me, 'no use wan la, all are vinyl stickers for cars'. 

So then, I started with a simple search on Google. 'Sticker shop Johor Bahru Malaysia'. From the top matches, I listed some and texted my enquiries to them, with the following result and quote:

gogoprint - Cannot do 

imagemagic - A6 mirrorkote, minimum 100pcs, RM102.40 but I need to draw the cut lines myself

stickerbear - A6 mirrorkote matte, minimum 100pcs, RM150 + RM10 shipping fees.

stickermaniac - A6, RM4/sheet if order 12pcs, RM3.20/sheet if order 100pcs.

I put those aside for the time being, because lo and behold as I expected it, sticker shop ads keep popping up in my socials' feed. Nice.

So whenever I came across an ad, I'd directly whatsapp them. And I gathered more! Here they are:

Colorlab advertising - A6 mirrorkote matte, minimum 100 pcs, RM125 + RM8 shipping fees

stickerboom - Cannot do 

sticker.fp - Only prints A3 size

stickerpro - Cannot do

Egoule Print - A6 mirrorkote matte, minimum 50 pcs, RM45 + RM10 for creating cut lines + RM6 shipping fees

Moomoo sticker - Cannot do

Pusat Borong Sticker Label - Cannot do.

After I narrowed down to a few, and after more discussions and confirmation, finally I chose 2 companies to try, Colorlab and Egoule. Here are my reviews:

Colorlab

Awesome print, awesome kiss cut, can peel off easily by fingers. Love it!


Egoule Print

Also awesome! Also love it!

However, I see that the Colorlab sticker sheet curves like this after a few moments. I suspect it's because of lamination as they stated they use mirrorkote matte with lamination. Maybe?

So I have decided to order more from Egoule! Still in the process of determining if the kiss cut lines can be created from the new designs... can't wait!

I hope this post helps you sticker designers out there. There might be more companies and if you already have good one, I hope you're willing to share too luv.







No comments: