Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Just me... ranting

I think I'm no longer Pisces. 

Pisceans are dreamers. I've stopped dreaming and started worrying about everything. Life, quite suddenly, has become a dark and lonely place; the real world. In this world, my zodiac sign is called Sandwich.

Yep, this is the time we get familiar with terms like sandwich generation. It is a generation of people, usually in their 30s, 40s or 50s, who are responsible for both bringing up their own children and for the care of their aging parents. I would like to add that this generation is also responsible for taking care of themselves and planning for their own aging support.

I bet my parents were once in the sandwich generation. The great depression also happened during that time. But how different was it compared to now? I'm really curious.

Though I can't presume that it was easier for our parents to cope, I do believe there are more challenges for the sandwich generation today, some of which are digital- and financial-wise.

On top of being a sandwich generation, if you fall into these two categories like me, I want to give you a hug.

1. You are an only child

2. Your parents are separated

And if you fall further into these categories, I want to give you a big hug.

3. You are the only one with stable income.

4. You have a dream of starting a business from your passion/hobby but cannot, because of point number 3.

AND, if you fall further into this category summore, I want to give you the biggest hug.

5. You are a woman. Wife, mother, daughter, all-in-one combo.

Some are giggling, "Ha ha, you so funny". But I know some are crying after reading this. Because it really feels dark and lonely, this world. 

Sounds so negative doesn't it? I'm afraid I'd be reduced to a grumpy old lady, cursing the world. GAH!

I know there are so many people in worse situation than me, and that I should be very blessed instead of feeling burdened, but the fact that I AM feeling burdened is something I should acknowledge. 

Acknowledge, accept and leverage.

I will be back on the leverage part. Till then, I'll sulk.






No comments: