Friday, December 06, 2019

Reversible Hobo Tote Bag - Sashiko and French Linen design

I feel pretty accomplished this holiday because I managed to make two bags! This was my first time trying this new template and it is easy to make. I just wasn't used to the fact that more fabric was required for this bag because my stash is mostly fat quarters and a few half yards for small pouches. Luckily I had enough oatmeal linen and indigo cotton to make what I wanted ie. sashiko and french linen design bags.

I followed the tutorial and used the downloadable template here.

I printed three A4 sized pages, joined and cut them like this as instructed.

Then I used that template to trace and cut a folded piece of fabric.

 For the french linen design, I stencil-painted two lines using masking tape and Martha Stewart's Satin Acrylic Craft Paint in Tartan Red.

I did one line at a time. If I had the thinner masking tape, I could've painted both lines at the same time.

I followed the sewing tutorial from the link above, and here it is! For this bag I did not sew the darts at the bottom.

For the reversed side/inside, I made this design.

 Sashiko stitching. 
It is very simple and straightforward but it takes perseverance! 



I absolutely love this!





No comments: