Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Project Playhouse

These days, not many homeowners in Malaysia get to own and enjoy a garden. Especially more and more city folks in KL who are living in apartments. Even elsewhere, existing garden plots are cemented off to convert into more parking space ( one-household-two cars concept ). Morever, a garden is hard to keep when you don't have the time to maintain it. It needs work and love for it to grow.

I'm lucky enough to have a garden. An unkept one. And so I browsed for some garden landscape design and I decided I want this one.


But after some hardcore complex mathematics calculation, I figure the measurements doesn't tally because I only have this much of plot to work on.

Shucks.

So my search narrowed to "SMALL garden landscape design". And you know one thing led to another.



I want to build a playhouse now!

So my search has deviated to "how to build a playhouse". Lo and behold, I never thought a fancy one like this would cost almost USD20K, from Lilliput.

I think these are ready-made and assembled for you upon order or something. They also provide kits, and parts and plans for the more adventurous who wants to build it themselves.

Too fancy. I want a kampung hut style.



Tactfully, I brought this up to the busy husband. Expecting to be called crazy, he took a look at my pencil sketched plan, thought about it for a few seconds and said, "Can do". Woo hoo!!

It will take some time, and a LOT of work, but it will be so fun as a family project! Daniel can participate and see the building process and appreciate it even more. I don't know how we can pull this off, but at least it is a plan.

No comments: