Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Where Do All The Mooncake Tins End Up?

Marriage quote of the day: "I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me."

For dog lovers and owners out there, you probably know this. Apparently, this is one of dog's favourite chew thingy.


GROSS!! Yikeeeewwwwwgross!

PIG EAR. The latest canine rave. I heard there is also cow's ear.

***

I have this thing bugging me for some time now, it's one of those 'awakening' that gradually grows on you. Like a resolution, an answer to all the questions you've been asking yourself, the answer to all the anger and frustrations you felt.

Everyday, I think of this. A life of simple things. A life back to basics. A life based on needs, not wants.

I feel I've had enough of this fast-moving, money-hoarding, time-chasing, shopping-frenzy, tired tired tired kind of life.

I want to minimize. Desire less, buy less, need less, WASTE less. I'm tired of choosing. There are too many brands and variety of products in the market today, from everything under the sun. Spoilt for choices aren't we. Choosing is tiring. I think shopping is mentally draining because you have to make choices and decisions all the time.

I want to slow down. And smell the roses. Just sitting by the porch, feeling the breeze, listening to the windchimes, and being thankful.

At this point, I feel I have everything, if not, more than enough. And I want to stop here, and enjoy what I have.

***

Here's a good story.

A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said,
"Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like."

The Lord led the holy man to two doors. He opened one, and the holy man
looked into a room with a large round table in the middle. In the
center, on the table was a large pot of stew, which smelled so delicious
it made the holy man's mouth water. Yet, the people sitting around the
table were thin, sickly, and appeared famished. They were holding spoons
with very long handles strapped to their arms. Each found they could
reach into the stew-pot and take a spoonful, but with the handle longer
than their arms, they could not get the spoons close to their mouths.
The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering and
the Lord said, "You have seen Hell."

He then opened the second door. The room was exactly as the first one,
with the large round table and large pot of stew, again making the holy
man's mouth water. The people were equipped with the same long-handled spoons
strapped to their arms, but here the people were well nourished, plump,
laughing and talking.

The holy man said, "I don't understand."

It is simple," said the Lord, "and requires but one skill. As you see,
they have learned to feed each other, while the selfish think only of
themselves."

***

2 comments:

Angeline said...

What you probably need, my dear, is a long day of pampering at a spa--minus daniel.

i know that's what i want today!

Ally said...

Ohhh... spa. I have almost forgotten what that word means.... Gawd, I do need a holiday. I want to be whisked off to a beautiful island where I do nothing but sit and tan myself silly.