Friday, May 04, 2007

Baby boyz to Men

Quote of the day: “Let your children go if you want to keep them.” -Malcom Forbes

My boy, one with a cheeky smirk, has become a man. He has showed me affections that I didn't expect from an almost-two year old toddler.

Last weekend when I was still PMS-ing, I cried my heart out, something which a girl need to do once in a while ya know, just to cry. Anyway, I figure it would be a good opportunity to see how the little one react.

Daniel stoppped playing with his toys, and looked concerned for me. He stood next to me as I sat sobbing on the floor, and he pat my head gently. As I cried some more, he put his arms over my shoulders and drew me close, in a comforting manner. I rest my head on his little chest, and he continued holding me firmly. Everything he did was right!! Like an adult! Then later on, as I settled myself down with a few more sniffs, he motioned me to play the shape sorter toy with him, as if to distract me from my sorrows.

It was priceless.

No comments: