Thursday, January 21, 2016

To be a stationer, or not to be...

I chanced upon a site that listed 8 Malaysian homegrown stationery brands and I was proud, happy, and depressed at the same time. I felt like I could've done it too, and it has been my dream to grow a simple and beautiful brand of home goods and stationery, and some day, basic fashion.

I have followed Mossery since they were starting out on Etsy, I even bought a few notebooks from them. Now they are a full fledge stationer. I'm so happy for the founders.

And I didn't know there is a letterpress machine in Malaysia. I have been looking for one like crazy! But that craze has sort of died down. Still, I'm impressed.

I asked myself, would I have taken that road? Quit my job and pursue this dream? Would my brand become popular? Or would I file for bankruptcy? I will never know. I would be sacrificing a lot of things that I have now. Oh, I don't know. I guess I've taken the safe road, and along the way, I've made bits and pieces of my dream come true.

Of course, my biggest dream come true is my family. Who knows, maybe I might make it one day!

No comments: