Monday, November 13, 2006

A Tribute To My Mother-In-Law

My beloved MIL drew her last breath last Tuesday. I'm still not used to the fact that she's no longer around. We were still hopeful when she stabilized after a marathon of organ failure complications, but I guess we were fooled. She is gone now, forever and will be deeply missed.

It is going to be very hard for my father-in-law, because my MIL literally did everything for him. In fact, the entire house just remind us of her because she manages everything, from the kitchen to the praying altar. This is the woman who worked her entire life, for her children, for her husband, for her home. And it's so unfair that she had to leave without having the chance to enjoy her golden years. On the brighter side, she had the chance to see her first grandchild.

The wake lasted for 3 days and was based on the traditions of the Hakka Chinese, the first I've ever seen and it left a deep impression on me, most of which are rather hilarious.

Still can't believe it.

3 comments:

Angeline said...

Oh no. How terrible.

I hope everything will turn out OK for your husband's family.

Kean Hong said...

May the force be with you, always

Anonymous said...

I hope all will be well.My condolences to you and Paul.Keep strong,take care.

amrit