Tuesday, May 09, 2023

A Year's Update of My Handmade Adventure

I've never felt so contented in my designing and crafting journey these 2 years, all because I had all the time and freedom to focus on it a.k.a no longer have full-time employment. Hahah.

In a nutshell, my days revolve around chauffeuring my sons from school, settling their lunches, help with homework, laundry, cooking dinner Mon-Fri, house-cleaning and in between those activities I design, paint, draw and sew. The highlight of my 2022 was participating in two craft market in JB.

Two amazing years of this routine and I'm still not tired of it yet! I guess crafting is really in my blood. 

SO... I will let these photos speak for me now.





I took these shots to showcase a themed collection of all my small creations ie. pouches, mini drawstring pouches, five stones game, wooden beads necklaces, card tags and decor trays.

These 2 years, I made a lot of bags too.

Tried this new bag type, the dainty rounded corner bag.











I also tried the 'drop' bag as it resembles a water drop. Kinda cute.



Wooden handle bags




Patchwork totes



And then there's this minimalist bags made by Tejika who also published a book, which I managed to get at a discounted staff price, yippee! I was quite obsessed with making some of the bags in this book.


So very happy with these!




At the same time, I was also trying out this bag style with a rather special handle made from bias tape. There was more manual stitching involved for this style, but it turned out very pretty!


And then my inspiration turned to these navy / indigo sling bags from a buyer who requested a custom order. 

Other bag designs and little projects along the way...






In 2022, I participated in two craft markets, quite unplanned actually! Checked one of my biggest bucket list..woo hoo!

Jio Market at Jalan Tan Hiok Neem 13-14 Aug 2022
This is literally my dream come true. I had always wanted to have a shop in this heritage retro area, and setting a pop-up here is good enough!
 

Weekend Mercado Market at Horizon Hills Clubhouse, 22 Oct 2022










































This post feels like a fun performance review, haha, and I honestly feel like I have achieved my KPI with flying colours. Many of these projects and events just came along with the flow, and I don't think there anything more fulfilling than this kind of life. But I do need to improve a lot more on the marketing side as I'm not reaching more people as I should. I always imagine that there are more folks out there who loves what I create, and one day they will stumble upon my platforms. Jia you aruri!

No comments: