Monday, February 17, 2014

My Valentine's Night

Let me tell you about my Valentine's Day.

Spent the whole day working, and feeling meh.

Reached home to quickly prepare potato salad for BBQ party organized by the hubz' golf buddies/business-related associates.

Hubz tells me the host's wife is 4 months pregnant. Memories of my last pregnancy floods in. Shit shit shit shit don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry. It's been SO long ago surely I have put that away for good right? WRONG! You DON'T forget these things.

Dished out potato salad is a nice big serving bowl and gets into car.

Peak hour jam. To prolong my misery.

Reached. Only one guest there. Says hello to host and preggie wife AND preggie host's sister. Double joy!

The boys make themselves at home. And I MEAN at home. Daniel had his legs up on the sofa and Darren explores the entire house.

We eat first.

More guests arrive. Chatted with some. The men remain near the BBQ pit and drink beer.

Children plays chasing game in the house.

Drank champagne.

Children screaming in the house. A mummy guest carrying her baby requests host to turn off 'something'.

The 'something' turned out to be porn clips on his TV console. Children are jumping and screaming 'EIYER! EIYER!'

Host turns red.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. That was the highlight of my otherwise disastrous night.

A lady guest casually asked why is the BBQ organized on Valentine's Day. My. Sentiments. Exactly. High-five. Turns out it was the host's preggie wife who decided on it. Can't blame her for having placenta brain.

Start to notice the porcelain made-up dressed-up girlfriends of some guests. They looked like heaven. Their hair was long and flowy. But they looked bored. They must be wondering why are they there on Valentine's Day, surrounded by rowdy men burning food and drinking lots of beer.

Clock strikes 11. Time to go home. Daniel has school the next day ( Saturday, a 'replacement' for the given CNY week-long break).

Daniel whispers in my ear "Mummy, don't forget to help me in my homework". I put on the catatonic look.

Reached home at 11.30pm. Looks at Daniel's homework and said "I need time to translate all these"

Sent him to bed.

Took a shower and settled down with my iPhone and the Chinese homework. Used an app to translate word by word.

Finished at 2 am.

Slept. Woke up with excruciatingly painful leg cramps at 3 and 4 am.

Woke up at 6.30am to send Daniel to school, then off to the market.

The End. Yay.

No comments: