Thursday, January 08, 2009

I Could Not Ask For More

I had this dream day today, and yesterday.

Fourth day into Kindeeland, Daniel now holds his teacher's hand and walk into school, sobbing a little, which I just suspected it's a bit of acting to get attention. When I pick him up 3 hours later, he's singing with his friends while walking in line doing the choo-choo train queue...

(sung in tune of Jingle Bells)
Ding dong bell, ding dong bell,
We are going home,
Goodbye teachers, goodbye friends,
See you tomorrow

And flashing a bright smile.

No trauma, no nightmares, no violent objection. I pray this stays.

We come home, hang out a bit, lunch is prepared, we eat, kid around a bit, watch telly, I nap a bit, I surf the web, we play some computer games, kid around summore in the garden, play masak-masak, dinner is prepared, we eat, watch some telly, bath together, read him bedtime stories, and he's asleep by 9.15pm. Just me and my little guy.

The night is all mine. I wish this could never end, and I've never been so thankful for days like these.

No comments: