Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Kraf Malaysia 2013

The Kraf Malaysia fair is on until 25 December 2013 at the big white air-conditioned tent at Plaza Angsana. 

I think our Malaysian batik is beautiful! I absolutely adore the simple dual-tone (or unicolour) ones. 
I bought these at the fair recently. 

 Short poncho-like blouse, to be layered on top of a camisole.
I think the batik designers should make more modern pieces like this one. It's such a casual classic!
There's so much potential in batik to be more popular in our country, not only to be worn during national official functions but on any days, wouldn't that be awesome! And also, some batik designs really make gorgeous gowns, especially those flowy ones. I just wished the colours weren't that 'clashing'.

 Men's shirt. I love the simplicity of this one.

Sarongs! But I'm going to use these as fabric to make stuff ( as usual)

A lot of the batik printers are from the eastern part of Peninsula Malaysia like Terengganu and Kelantan. It is such a beautiful traditional art which I wish I can someday get my hands on.

I don't know if I can take pictures of all the beautiful craft products there... worried I might get shooed off. But do drop by and bring something local home!

No comments: