Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Goodbye BTI

Where do I begin. 

I'll start with gratitude. I thank God first and foremost for the path He led me to, after looking back at the 19 years of memories I've formed with colleagues and bosses in BTI, my second home where I embarked on my first career path. It was Bioprocessing Technology Centre when I joined in 2000, which became an institute in 2003, under the Agency for Science, Technology and Research, A*STAR.

BTI had one of the best workplace culture and the nicest people. Sometimes when someone judges Singaporeans as this and that, I would reply, "No way, my colleagues in Singapore are never like that. They're nice!" I guess I'm lucky to be working in such an inclusive and warm culture that it feels like a family.

On 12th November 2019, my journey in BTI ended. It still feels so surreal as I write this. The past 3 months have been quite a roller coaster ride of mixed feelings, fear, worry, excitement, nervousness and pure curiosity. From the time I was recommended for a position that rarely open up, to the hiring process finalisation, I still feel like it was a dream. It was a heartbreaking decision to leave BTI, but I know I should take this rare opportunity for a new start.

I know many would ask why. And there are many who already know why. But sshhh, we cannot say. Isn't it funny? I'll leave it as that, since now that I am starting a new journey in another company, I want to be a better person and to grow further professionally. 

With these folks in my first job, I truly am very blessed.


No comments: