Wednesday, January 23, 2013

R.I.P. William Yau Zhen Zhong


I know this is late, but we must not stop trying. Dear God, please keep him safe and alive, and may he be reunited with his family very very soon, please dear God, please.

UPDATE: I hope it's not him, but a severely decomposed body was found in Klang river. Read it here.

LATEST UPDATE: This is heartbreaking. The entire nation is mourning.
Read it here, and here.

FINAL UPDATE: DNA test confirms it's him.

William's body cremated.

This is the first time I've been following a missing child's case so closely to my heart. Largely due to social media Facebook, and online news, I would check for updates every hour, and the first thing in the morning. I have never felt so attached to a case and the moment I saw the update on the findings of his body, I broke down. After seeing his happy photo everyday, I felt like I knew him already. Most of all, I cannot imagine what his mother had went through. This is a very very unfortunate event. May his soul rest in peace.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pity this kid and pity his parents. just a small mistake made them lose him. sometimes people who dont have kids, could have kidnapped him when seeing him wandering and kept him indoors to make sure no one alers the police.

sometimes when we are going out with kids and just 2 adults and we need to get sth quickly from the store, only one of us get down while the other wait in the car, and even with an adult in the car, we lock it from inside for safety reasons.

sally

Ally said...

I totally agree, this is one unfortunate incident. Many mothers or fathers have at least left their kids in the car while they grab bread or pack meals or a quick withdrawal at the ATM when parking is impossible to find. All of us are guilty :(